About Get Into Teaching
Teaching is a career that’s life changing. Not just for you, but for those you inspire.
Get Into Teaching is a free service that supports you at every stage of your journey to becoming a teacher. We offer free information and guidance, but also a teacher training adviser. Your adviser will be on hand for any queries you may have, and provide you with everything from application support, to interview tips, to help finding you experience in a school setting.
Get Into Teaching aims to better standards for pupils across the UK by finding the best teachers possible. Ready to be part of the picture?
Why become a teacher?
Teaching is rewarding, in more ways than one.
- Once qualified, you’ll start on a salary of at least £30,000, or more in London.
- Nurture your passions and hobbies inside and outside of the classroom, with up to 13 weeks of holiday.
- Receive one of the most generous pension packages around – a career that’s exciting and secure.
- In subjects with a particular need, you could be eligible for a tax-free bursary or scholarship to fund your training.
- Develop and grow rapidly in your career with additional responsibilities that lead to pay increases.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for the graduate who isn’t afraid to do something different with their degree – something that impacts society for the better.
The best teachers will bring not only their love for their subject to the classroom, but also their life experiences and lessons learned.
To train to teach, you’ll need:
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in maths and English, and in science if you’d like to teach in a primary school.
Find out more
Click the Visit Careers Site button to find out more about teaching
“The biggest thing that teacher training gave me was the belief that I could do this” - Jake Athorn, history teacher.