This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Fantastic placement. It was very well organised, the people were lovely, and the work was interesting.
I was very pleased to see how willing they were to help out, give advice and source work.
I got great support from my supervisors, and they took the time to explain things to me and discuss the context of every task I did which was very helpful.
I always had something to do and once I was done with a task, all I needed to do was ask and I was given something to work on, so I was never left idle. There was a great balance of work and social activities organised as well.
On every task I worked on, I was given a great balance of independence and support.
I learnt so much about the skills needed to be a lawyer and this will definitely be useful in my future career. We also developed various skills through various tasks, but I particularly liked the negotiation and presentation workshop. Such skills which will definitiely be useful back in university and everyday life.
Everyone was always cheerful and really seemed to enjoy their work. It was a great atmosphere- friendly, supportive and yet focusing on work at the same time.
It was very well organised! We had various sessions dedicated to learning about the wider firm, networking opportunities, sufficient time at our desks and great social activities.
It really stood out to me how much the firm invested in the vacation scheme and the recruitment process as a whole. I was very impressed.
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Very appealing! It is definitely a great firm to work for!
We had a lot of fun together and were able to organise daily activities for ourselves whenever there was none organised by the firm. They were a great bunch of people and we all got on really well.
It is London so it was expensive, but you do get used to it.
It was pretty good, there were always things to do.
There were many opportunities on the social side of things, and a few of us got the option to attend a pro bono legal advice centre.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Central London and City