• Focus on data analytics & performance reporting on KPIs & sub-trending metrics
• Support a Clarity data cleanse initiative working with Resource Managers to ensure Workforce Management (WFM) reporting delivers insight on future demand for EMEA project resources
• Deliver, run & maintain high value data analytics on key metrics around order customer experience (CSAT). Focus on enabling data discovery, identifying trends & causal relationships in the data
• Develop a reporting solution to measure Credit Note forecast accuracy, build interactive dashboards to drive improvement by the Customer Care team & enable Finance to make a more accurate monthly provision.
• Apply continuous improvements to enhance data analytics & support monthly performance reviews
• Develop skills and experience (on the job) with our Business Intelligence tools & learn how to build data visualisations using Tableau Desktop software
I enjoyed the responsibilities given to me by my management team as well as the level of formation provided by HR department.
People were really supportive and particularly my whole team who helped me through all of my projects
It was a right balance between freedom and guidance: I received advice when I needed them.
Working in a high responsibility environment entails a busy day but nothing that cannot be handled with rigor and hard work.
During this internship, I had a lot of responsibilities. For example I had my own project and directed a team of experts.
Verizon has a portal that allows you to gain transferrable skills in most domains: Software (Excel, PowerPoint), management (running a business meeting, communication...), finance... I think that most of the competence needed in the work place are represented.
Most people work from home so it can get quiet sometimes. However everyone is really friendly and happy to help.
The program for new interns is great: I felt like I was taken in charge. The intern program entails a broad presentation of the company, online lessons to learn about Verizon, a buddy program to help settling in, regular health check (at least once a month) and time booked for online formation.
Verizon invests a lot in the talents recruited: I was considered as an employee and given great opportunities to learn everyday. It is all about personal development as an asset for the business
The entry-level jobs in Verizon are great and well-paid.
Lunches are organized to get to know the others interns.
The accommodation and the cost of living are relatively cheap compared to London. One of the perks of Reading is that London can be reach in 20 minutes by train.
Quite stimulating with a lot of bars in the town centre.
Verizon fosters volunteering programs such as the education of children (visits in schools/universities, tour of the building for students...) as well as associations (Women Association of Verizon Entreprise). Volunteering will be part of your role as an intern.
It is also possible to be part of the intern committee which organizes twice a year an event in the Reading building, allowing the interns to take responsibilities such as budget management, event organization, communication...
It is also possible to get involved in some sport teams.