• Three weeks Internship at Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Ltd
Finance Department Head Office
• Maintenance and update of financial documents archive (2009 -2010)
• Analysis and auditing of financial documents archive
• Comprehensive evaluation and construction of BPV
• Approval and endorsement of PCV and APV
• Analysis of expenses to call centers
• Overview of SAP (System Application Programming)
a) Analysis of asset history sheet
b) Asset Tagging
c) Transfer and transaction of assets
d) Update of fixed assets record
e) Creation of Disposal Form
• Analysis of RFA (Request For Authorization) forms
• Understanding and analysis of General Ledger
• FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) Income Tax Challan review
• Six weeks Internship at Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Ltd
Human Resource Department Head Office
ï‚§ Carried out Coke’s 2009 Management Trainee Program.
ï‚§ Updated Employee Profiles
ï‚§ Organized “MEET THE HEROES” program for the employees of Coke.
ï‚§ Worked on the COKE-excellence awards (Jan to July) from 7 different locations of Coke in Pakistan (based on their sales/marketing performance).
ï‚§ HR Conference ; Color Outside the lines
ï‚§ Short listed CVs for Health and Safety Manager (Plant Location)
ï‚§ Designed wall magnets and coasters for coke
ï‚§ Reviewed employees/workers job descriptions
ï‚§ Updated Institute Training Courses (PIMS) schedule for the company.
ï‚§ Revised medical insurance lists for all the employees of Coca-Cola Pakistan
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Learning was made fun and it was fun learning. =)
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They were all very polite, and ready to help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From the Manager to executives everyone was there to help and guide us.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was never free but YES work was fun.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the beginning they were reluctant but with the passage of time i built my credibility and was given access to sensitive and classified information as well.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My Finance and HR courses became more meaningful to me, i could better relate to the situations/problems/case studies done in class.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I had the hometown advantage
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lahore has always been fun
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?