Audit Intern at Mazars LLP

Durham North East
Auditing/Tax

7.3/10

Main Duties
• Working in a team, on an end of year local government audit and on a pension fund audit
• Learning to use the relevant auditing software to sample, test and document results of tests carried out on the financial information provided by the client
• Evaluating evidence obtained from the client in client meetings.
• Physically verifying the existence and ownership of assets held by the client

I enjoyed my placement more than I thought I would

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Mazars LLP

I was made to feel very welcome and even though I was a short term Intern, I felt like I was making a valuable contribution to the team I was working with.

I was given a lot of support and guidance by all of my team members but the senior manager and my mentor in particular.

I had my own schedule of work to do and most of the time was quite busy.

I was given the responsibility of completing my own tasks and after just a few weeks was attending client meetings by myself on behalf of the team.

The skills I learnt will be extremely important in both my future career which is along the same lines as the internship and in y studies at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Mazars LLP

It was a more serious working environment when on site at the client, and more relaxed and friendly in the main Mazars office.

There were some technical difficulties to begin with regarding the computer set up but once this had been cleared, everything else seemed to run smoothly.

I was given full employee training and a mentor to help me progress, who began in my position.

I have been invited to apply for a graduate position with the firm, by the Director and my senior manager. But I still have to go through the full application process.

There were only three of us at that particular office, and we did keep in contact regularly, but because we were in different locations meeting up was difficult.

I lived at home and my travel expenses were paid so I only had to pay for socialising etc.

I worked in Leeds which is known to have a great nightlife.

There were opportunities to play sport, go out for drinks, and to help with charitable work through the company.