Researching and writing articles for the fourfourtwo.com website and magazine. Writing blogs for footballtalentspotter.com
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an enjoyable experience but i felt they could've been better prepared in having work for me to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was asked to do quite a bit for the website as the weeks progressed, although did have to persistently ask for work to do for the magazine.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
After being told what to do, i was mostly left to my own devices until i had finished each particular job.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Generally i was searching for work to do and repeatedly asking for work, although every few days i was fairly busy with work which took a while to complete.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility for the website but little for the magazine itself, only really being asked to research for articles and write up the competiton article.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It was insightful in regards to the industry but i wasn't given much feedback on the work i did, so have little to aim for in the future from this placement.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very friendly with a lot of banter, to which i was included despite being the only female in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I feel the company take on too many placement students (2 a week) and so give them little time for help and advice and also i don't feel the workload for placement students was very well thought through or prepared, with most of it being made up on the spot after i had pestered them for a while.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not at all really
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'd like to write for them but preferably as a freelance rather than a full-time employee, mainly because i love the publication and the style of their articles, but feel that day-to-day in the office would become dull, particularly at the beginning of producing each issue when there is little to do.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A few of us now keep in touch via facebook.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
N/A - commuted from home each day.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not too sure, think it'd be better to catch a train to nearby Kingston or London where there is great nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The fourfourtwo team play football every thursday lunchtime in a league.