Finance Summer Intern at Lloyds Banking Group

3.3/10

3.0
1.8

5.5

What i was meant to do and what I actually did were completely different. My manager did not know the difference between a temp and an intern. So my daily tasks involved mainly being a glorified admin assistant. The only time I actually managed to do real finance work was when my manager was on holiday for a week and when I went to London to shadow a different team.

Every one (apart from my manager) where absolutely lovely they really helped me and talked me through every thing they where doing (as I was not allowed to do it myself)

Apart from my manager. I felt really valued

I would give this 0 stars if I could.

I had time to read the metro in full and do the Sudoku, every day I asked for more things to do and was given nothing.

Other managers and team members came up with lots of things I could be responsible for which my line managers vetoed.

From all the shadowing I did I did learn about different areas of the bank, which I found very useful. But I have now decided that I really want to do Audit Accounting.

The office as a whole great, the atmosphere in my team was not good due to the management being unaware of what the system was capable of, thus caused more stress and know guidance.

Poor! My team found out 2 days before I was coming so nothing was planned, and my manager should have been told what an intern was.

None

Due to integration.

Yes I went out with interns and other people from my office a fair few times.

Bristol is fairly standard.

Good