This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
It was really good fun and the people in the company were great to work with.
I felt that I was well looked after and got to know my colleagues well.
Generally I was given all the support I needed and if it wasn't there, I could ask and it was quickly put in place.
I like to be busy but sometimes I felt very rushed. There was always work to be getting on with.
I was given a lot more responsibility than I expected which I was really pleased with, but I was never given so much that it worried me.
They are really useful, I think it will mean I am much more disciplined about how I go about my degree work, It has also helped me to learn a lot about a working environment.
It was a good atmosphere, not too quiet and easy to work in
Really well, it started with being trained up and then I was slowly given more responsibility of my projects.
A lot more than I expected. I was treated as all other employees, being given all the training I needed.
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
They do offer opportunity to go back and work for them
This was really good, we all got on well
It was not cheap, however it was not too overpriced. It is more expensive than living at university but as you are getting paid this is not as much of a problem
It was good, there were plenty of places to go out in the surrounding area.
There are activities in the surrounding area if you go looking for them
Placement (10 Months+)