Vacation Scheme Student at Herbert Smith Freehills

Legal/Law

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

8.1/10

They were an incredibly friendly firm and both the work, social events and presentations were all really enjoyable.

Everyone was happy to answer my questions, from trainees to senior partners, and I felt that the firm really valued their vacation scheme students.

I sat in two departments and in each my supervisor was fantastic. They answered all my questions, and were really keen to help with any problems or particular interests I had.

Not always busy enough.

I got to do some work connected to a case for a client, but realistically they could not give us that much responsibility.

I learnt a lot about commercial law and what life as a trainee would be like.

Really friendly and good fun. There was an open-door policy and as a whole the firm seemed to have quite a relaxed atmosphere.

Really well organised and everything ran very smoothly.

Lots of presentations on different departments along with a negotiation skills workshop and individual work within the departments.

Waiting to hear back on the results of my interview.

A really great mix of people. We went out for lunch together most days as well as drinks after work when there wasn't anything organsied for us by the firm.

London prices meant that things were often quite expensive.

Lots of nice bars and places to grab a drink after work.

Some opportunities to get involved with sports or pro bono activities. after work