Customer Insight Analyst at Lloyds Banking Group

Banking - Retail Banking/Finance Business Analytics Marketing
Lloyds Banking Group is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.4

To pull data from the LBG data warehouses to analyse and produce actionable insight. I worked on the Savings product so my role did affect pricing and product decisions.

I was given a high level of responsibility but sometimes had to work under a lot of pressure. I was given the opportunity to fully involve myself in the business and the work was interesting.

My colleagues were really welcoming and everyone was treated equally in the business no matter what level they were.

There were so many development resources available, you were allocated a development manager along with your line manager. We had CV review sessions and mock interviews etc.

Always busy! After getting used to the role, there never really was a quiet day. But I was given a lot of advice on time management and how to prioritise my work.

I was given a high level of responsiblity even though LBG is such a large business. The analysis that I produced did help make pricing and product decisions and affected our customers.

Working within LBG has been an invaluable experience. I received plenty of advice on graduate recruitment processes to help me find a job after I graduate and I will be able to use the technical skills I have learnt in the future.

We had lots of team lunches and various social events. Atmosphere was occasionally a bit down especially after the restructure.

LBG were very organised however we were employed through Reed who made many mistakes and caused numerous problems. I would avoid Reed in the future!

There is a whole Academy dedicated to training and development - however a lot of the courses are now online instead of face to face.

I have been selected as one of the placement students who they'd like to help get on the graduate scheme - if you perform well in your placement there are loads of opportunities to choose from within the business!

I was based in Halifax where there were only two placement students, we did still hold various social events such as a Summer BBQ and Christmas Party with the team. In Bristol there were about 15 placement students so there was a very good social life, we did get to travel for the key events such as the annual Summer Pub Rally, Christmas Party and Summer Ball.

No more expensive then anywhere else!

Halifax can be a bit dull... Bristol had a good nightlife when we travelled down.

Lots of sports and social clubs to get involved in - I'd recommend the running club!