Vac Scheme student at Herbert Smith Freehills

Legal/Law

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

7.2/10

7.3
7.4

Research mostly, writing memos, taking notes on meetings and conference calls, no photocpopying or anything like that.

Quite challenging work, but very interesting.

I got to do real work for real clients, I felt trusted with proper responsibility.

Guidance was really good; all tasks were set out clearly and I had a briefing beforehand. Support was more difficult; often the supervisors were so busy they couldn't guide you.

Whilst there were some days that were incredibly busy, it was never so hectic that I couldn't cope. I don't think there was a single point where I didn't have at least 1 task to do.

Plenty; I did work that was given to clients, so if it was wrong then there would be major repurcussions.

Really helpful skills picked up.

Fairly subdued

With the exception of one workshop, everything ran perfectly.

They put on heaps of training events and the partners dedicated a lot of time to teaching/answering questions.

They've said they'll be keeping on about 80% of the interns.

There were always a few people who were happy to go out for a drink after work.

It was the city of london; very expensive.

Plenty of stuff nearby.

Lots of events put on and possibility of playing for the sports teams.