Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hilton
- 7. Would you recommend Hilton to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hilton
My role is to support the strategic growth of Lifestyle and Collection brands within EMEA. While also working as key stakeholders in setting the brand standards and programs for the hotels both operationally and strategically. The role varies day-to-day due to the project dependent nature which is based on business needs. For example, in a week I could have several projects ranging from competitor research to changing brand standards.
I have been able to develop preexisting skills and learn new ones during my time at Hilton. I have developed my skills on Excel and PowerPoint, while also becoming comfortable with new platforms and software on a variety of projects. Furthermore, over the year I have expanded my commercial knowledge in regards to the hospitality industry and developed soft skills such as prioritisation and time management.
I have been given a good level of responsibility during my placement through ownership of projects and assisting my team on various pieces of work.
Support & Guidance
The initial onboarding was a 4 week program which introduced me to the role, the business and the team. Also, during the year I have had access to additional guidance and support through my team but also during my weekly one-to-ones with my line manager.
The company culture and atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly which is highlighted by many of the employees having been with the company for numerous years. The company offers great benefit programs, office facilities and events.
I have enjoyed my placement year and I am extremely grateful for all the opportunities I had throughout. The team was amazing and the work was greatly rewarding.
Show your passion and enthusiasm whether this is through your work or your interactions with team members. And expect the unexpected.
Placement (10 Months+)