Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at AstraZeneca
- 7. Would you recommend AstraZeneca to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to AstraZeneca
I analysed transcriptomic data. I used existing packages to identify interesting or key genes.
Some but mostly to do with my softer skills such as communication. They didn't end up teaching me any new skills. I ended up using all of my current PhD skills.
Not really but that might be to do with it being an remote position. I didn't have much contact with people throughout my project.
Support & Guidance
I was assigned a mentor. I was able to speak to them almost everyday.
I have only had the opportunity to spend a few days on site due to COVID and I enjoyed that. It was a very collaborative experience which I enjoyed.
I really enjoyed the experience and would recommend others to put in an application.
Take the time to read up about the project advertised, what the team does and what you will be doing.
Internship (1-4 Months)