- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Nomura
- 7. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura
Detailed Q&A sessions with current workers at Nomura, where we were free to ask any question we wanted. Skill sessions with Sanjay who helped educate us on the business functions and the key skills needed in the industry.
Networking, communication, pitching, time management, understanding of IB, Markets and other divisions, commercial awareness, presenting, listening.
A great eye-opener. Of course I had interest going into the experience however seeing the synergy between all the different divisions and roles is extremely interesting. It’s also clear to see how the culture of the firm is transparent and visible across all roles.
Brilliant. Very honest about Nomura’s strengths and weaknesses amongst its competitors and very transparent. Made us feel as if we already worked there which was a great stimulant for us to learn more and connect with current employees. Everyone was happy despite the circumstances of it being online. Clear to see the responsibility which younger recruits are given, another great aspect of the company.
I found it very enjoyable. Considering I was at a computer for 9 hours a day, I felt stimulated by the experience and was never bored. Each day had its own unique structure which kept us on our toes, yet was communicated in a way that we knew what was going on and could make the most of the experience. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to connect with likeminded people also.
Be honest in your application. Don’t anticipate any specific recruitment needs when making your application, as Nomura can see through this. Be clear about what you want from the experience when going into it, and understand Nomura’s key values of responsibility and openness - the environment you’ll be working in. I would definitely recommend Nomura as a company to anyone in the industry based on my experience.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Banking - Investment
Central London and City