It was a very informative virtual scheme which ultimately helped me make my decision to accept my training contract offer. We had the opportunity to get insights into the different practice areas, pro bono work, ask questions, meet with partners and trainees on an individual 1-1 basis, and build terrariums as part of the social event, all of which were quite enjoyable. Everyone I met at HSF was very friendly and happy to meet with me to discuss any queries I had or connect me with others.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
Vacation scheme participants were allocated a Partner Mentor and a Trainee Buddy which I found to be very useful in terms of getting individual 1-1 time to ask questions and build relationships. They were very happy to help! The Graduate Recruitment team was also fantastically generous with their time and frequently made sure we knew we could come to them with any questions or concerns. I felt this was a genuine reflection of the culture at HSF.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
5. How well structured was the insight?
I thought the Graduate Recruitment team did a great job of scheduling many sessions, with breaks, into a one-week virtual vacation scheme. We also had a social activity planned, namely the terrarium building workshop, which was a laid-back opportunity to be creative and engage with other vacation scheme participants. I would have personally loved to see some more social events planned, but given the time constraints also thought it was appropriate to spend the majority of the time getting to know the firm first-hand.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?