Bank of America 2020 Spring Insight Week Participant at Bank of America

Banking - Investment
Bank of America is a Top Employer

9.4/10

I found the 2020 Spring Insight Week incredibly useful in providing a preliminary insight into the financial services sector. I was able to learn about specific operations within the bank as well as the culture of Bank of America, allowing me to understand why they have become a leading financial services firm across the world.

As this was a Virtual Spring Insight week it was difficult to network with fellow insight participants as well as the workers at the firm. Nevertheless, I was still able to ask questions to the speakers and engage through live video calls.

We received a lot of guidance in terms of explanation of technical concepts that were brought up. We also obtained support during many Q&A panels which helped us to understand people's backgrounds and how they came to work at Bank of America.

The financial concepts that I learnt will be incredibly useful for future career endeavours within the financial sector.

We were prepared well in advance with timetables and schedules for the week. The insight was very well structured in a sense that each talk that we were given was about a different topic/sector at the bank and so we were able to go through each role at Bank of America systematically.

Very good as everyone was able to actively participate and ask insightful questions to the speakers.

The insight exposed me to every different division across the bank, where I was able to understand the day-to-day operations of workers. Thus, I learnt a lot about what different jobs entail within Bank of America.

I learnt so much about the different environmental and social initiatives that have been introduced within Bank of America, and why people love working there.

I took a real interest in learning about Investment Banking and Global Markets in particular, which furthered my drive to pursue a career in one of these divisions in the future.

This was difficult since the Spring Week was conducted online. However, everyone tried as much as possible to connect over LinkedIn and to actively engage within the panel discussions.

I would definitely recommend this Insight Week to anyone looking to pursue a job within the financial sector.