Technology Intern at Lloyds Banking Group

Accountancy Banking/Finance Business Management Computer and Systems Engineering Information Technology
Lloyds Banking Group is a Top Employer

8.5/10

- Supporting the delivery of key projects and programmes
- Undertaking mini projects and assignments
- Working collaboratively as part of theLab to shape the end-to-end delivery of our products
- Help support teams project registration
- Using systems to help identify data gaps
- Reporting/Planning
- Creation of the Teams company site

I have enjoyed my internship experience a lot as I had the opportunity to go to different teams/areas within the company where I increased my knowledge. Also, I was given many assignments/mini projects that led to me becoming more confident and improving the execution of my work. Overall, the internship made me more firm on what I want to do as a career.

I felt very valued by colleagues as I was seen as an integral part of the team. Also the culture at the company meant the colleagues were always willing to help and give advice. They always took time to explain any queries I had and gave me responsibilities which made me feel valued.

I was supported by my line manager to a great extent as what ever I did, I had the backing from my manager. She spent a large amount of time to help and support me so that I can gel into the company. She gave guidance and allowed me to have the opportunity to be placed in different teams so I can see what area interests me. I can say I was lucky to have a Line Manager that I had due to the level of commitment ,patience and belief she had for me.

Most days I was busy but with great flexibility to carry out other tasks. The busyness was good as I had the opportunity to tackle a variety of different tasks so that I was not bored. Also, had a lot of development opportunities. During the charity challenge week, it did get more busier but very manageable nonetheless.

I was given a huge responsibility to carry out real tasks which was refreshing as I was valued and seen as an important part of the team. I was trusted to complete my tasks in the deadline set to me. The responsibility never changed wherever I went and I was given plenty to do.

I would say to a large extent, this internship helped me develop my soft skills such as confidence, communication, teamwork, problem solving etc through a variety of different tasks. The presentation at the end of the internship was a good way to demonstrate all these skills and make myself more comfortable to present to whoever in the future. The skill I developed the most was time management as it was hard to adjust to the working life at first but as the weeks gone by, I adapted to the environment.

Depending on the team you go to, the atmosphere varied. Overall, I did enjoy the atmosphere as the colleagues were determined to do their best.

Although I did have problems with my laptop in the early stages, the organisation of the company was generally good.

The company excelled at training and development as I was presented with many different opportunities. For example, I attended various workshops, personal training from team and e-learning modules to help develop me.

The future employment prospects within the organisation is very appealing due to the training and learning opportunities, career paths and ability to have a flexibility in what you do. The Graduate schemes look appealing as it narrows down the abundance of teams in a few schemes.

Yes, there were a good social scene with fellow interns and colleagues as we did hang around during lunch and had the opportunity to work together during the charity challenge. In this charity challenge, the inters were grouped into teams and most teams got on really well with one another.

I commuted from home so I had to pray travel costs to central London which was expensive. Moreover, the cost of food within the area is expensive but did have a great choice in terms of where I can eat.

I went home after Work so didn't experience the nightlife.

Yes, for example, I had the opportunity to attend the sports day in Bristol and it was a good way to socialise outside of work