I enjoyed it very much as people were very welcoming and helpful. I got to participate in various events which allowed me to know the firm better.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
My supervisors and trainee buddies were very nice to help me settle in. I was included in the major projects and got to sit in on client calls.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
My task providers always made sure that I understand the task completely and encouraged me to ask questions if I don't get something. I have never been turned away when I have doubts and questions which is really great.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It allowed me to put those skills I've learned in law school into good use and I learned how those skills can be applied in day-to-day work. I also got to experience the reality of being a solicitor, which allows me to make my decision on my career path in the future.
5. How well structured was the insight?
It was very structured. The graduate recruitment team has done a very good job at making sure the venues were booked and that the events begin on time.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
It was very friendly and nice. The batch of vacation scheme students who were on the scheme with me were very willing to help each other and we got along very well. People I have spoken to at the firm were also very warm and willing to share their experience.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?