1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had such a positive placement experience. I learnt so much and had the opportunity to be involved in so many interesting projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was extremely friendly and I was never made to feel like a placement student but rather a genuinely valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was always really supportive if I was having any problems (as was the rest of the team). They were also really great for helping me get involved in other projects I had interest in and were keen to widen my experiences as much as possible.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the most part, I had the right amount of work on a daily basis. However there were occasions where there was less or more work than desirable due to project flow - but I would expect this with any job.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The amount of responsibility I had dependent on the project but I was never made to feel out of my depth and had support when required.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained a massive amount of skills throughout my placement with the most noticeable being communication and teamwork.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Although occasionally there may not have been many people in the office, for the most part the environment was friendly and could be entertaining - especially with social events.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had a good amount of handover time with the previous interns to know what I would be expected to be doing and to answer any questions. However, I would have liked to know initially a little more about the company generally and where I sat within it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were many trainings and workshops that I had the opportunities to get involved in. Also, if there were projects that I was interested in, they would also see if it was possible to get me involved. Definitely shows they value their employees.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It seems as if there is an opportunity to work with the company again after I finish my degree although nothing set in stone yet. However, I would happily pursue this if it were possible.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were many social events throughout the year which were either set up by the company or general causal events after work with a few colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London definitely isn't the cheapest place to live and socialise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area is great for nightlife - London has such a great after work social scene.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were some opportunities for volunteering and setting up social events although most of this is left to the more permanent staff. I wasn't aware of any placement students taking part although there wouldn't be anything to stop you.