Intern at Ipsos MORI

Harrow Greater London
Market Research

8.2/10

6.5

I had such a positive placement experience. I learnt so much and had the opportunity to be involved in so many interesting projects.

Everyone was extremely friendly and I was never made to feel like a placement student but rather a genuinely valued member of the team.

My line manager was always really supportive if I was having any problems (as was the rest of the team). They were also really great for helping me get involved in other projects I had interest in and were keen to widen my experiences as much as possible.

For the most part, I had the right amount of work on a daily basis. However there were occasions where there was less or more work than desirable due to project flow - but I would expect this with any job.

The amount of responsibility I had dependent on the project but I was never made to feel out of my depth and had support when required.

I gained a massive amount of skills throughout my placement with the most noticeable being communication and teamwork.

Although occasionally there may not have been many people in the office, for the most part the environment was friendly and could be entertaining - especially with social events.

I had a good amount of handover time with the previous interns to know what I would be expected to be doing and to answer any questions. However, I would have liked to know initially a little more about the company generally and where I sat within it.

There were many trainings and workshops that I had the opportunities to get involved in. Also, if there were projects that I was interested in, they would also see if it was possible to get me involved. Definitely shows they value their employees.

It seems as if there is an opportunity to work with the company again after I finish my degree although nothing set in stone yet. However, I would happily pursue this if it were possible.

There were many social events throughout the year which were either set up by the company or general causal events after work with a few colleagues.

London definitely isn't the cheapest place to live and socialise.

The area is great for nightlife - London has such a great after work social scene.

There were some opportunities for volunteering and setting up social events although most of this is left to the more permanent staff. I wasn't aware of any placement students taking part although there wouldn't be anything to stop you.