Finance Intern at Lloyds Banking Group

2.6/5

2.8
2.3
2.9

The placement has been insightful in that it has allowed me to explore my interest somewhat in the business area that I have been placed. However, in saying this I have not found the role entirely interesting. I feel that I could have received more support than given from my manager as well as more difficult and meaningful work tasks.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Lloyds Banking Group

The team that I was placed in have made an attempt to include and value me in my role, however there was no desk space available and as such I have been placed at the polar end of the office. I see my manager once a day if I'm lucky and do not chat to the other members of my team and thus feel a little distanced from them.

My line manager was very helpful in the first couple of weeks of the internship, setting me up for all the admin tasks I needed to complete and inviting me along to all of his meetings. Since this time he does not seem to spend much time in the office; 2-3 weeks holiday, business trips to Cheltenham and agile working have contributed to this. When I need him I am normally able to contact him and receive a quick response, however, it is largely me to contact him. Though I understand the commitments he has with his position I do feel that he could be checking up on me more and giving me more interesting tasks to complete.

I am very, very busy... but only because I have created tasks for myself to complete. My manager has given me a task which he expected me to spend several weeks on, and I was able to complete it in a couple of days. Since this time I have not seen my manager much and have thus resorted to asking out to my team for additional work. I have also placed way too much focus on the Helping Britain Prosper Charity Challenge, something which my charity team have noticed and pointed out to me.

My manager left me responsible to work by myself throughout the internship. Following the first week or two I have been left to just get on with work and he has not worried too much over me. I have been running a couple of office MI tasks such as formatting an exec pipeline report and a monthly costs analysis.

To be perfectly honest, I have not found the placement I have been offered particularly relevant to my degree area; it was not what I had applied for. The internship has taught me some important lessons about teamwork and the processes that need to happen to keep a business going.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Lloyds Banking Group

Not particularly fun but not particularly dull either. I feel like most people feel they are just here to do a job and then leave, and to me this is sad. As said prior I do not feel that I get much contact with my team which is disappointing and since starting we have only participated in one social meeting.

I do not feel that I have had a definitive plan of action for the internship. The charity challenge is a shambolic idea (please get back in contact if you wish to discuss more) and moreover the internship itself was quite unstructured- communication within the group is lacking and this has only made my workload harder.

Not quite sure what to say about this question but I guess that answers it in itself. The internship has taught me to work better as a team and how to go about getting the results I desire, however, it has also put me off a job in finance somewhat- it has made me feel very isolated at times. I do not feel that I have received any measurable amount of training.

• There were no perks with this Internship

I am still interested to learn more... I am aware of the reputation that LBG has earned and recognise them as a top employer. I would like to explore a different role on my second internship, either in Commercial banking or GCA, and be persuaded that finance is an interesting area to pursue.

Sadly I did not experience this much as I have chosen to stay in the flat that I already rent in Edinburgh. However I have met a number of colleagues through projects and the charity challenge and have made good friends this way. We have socialised together a little and before the end of the internship I have promised to hold a party in my flat to get everyone together.

Edinburgh is NOT know to be a cheap place to live and socialise. Lloyds are paying £100 a week towards my rent, however, let me say that you would be very hard pressed to find a liveable flat at this price. My rent is £600 pcm + bills and thus the money LBG pays does not cover all of this.

Not something I can complain about at all... living in such a large and vibrant city as Edinburgh the nightlife is variable and impressive for those interested in this scene. I do not go out too often as it is an expensive game, however when I do I always have an amazing time.

Well I've had a few opportunities... my team have had one work social that I attended and a second coming up, I have met the interns a couple of times for social events and I am also in the process of signing up to participate in the Great Scottish Run