Summer Analyst - Investment Banking Division at Nomura

8.2/10

9.7
8.6

5.5

The internship at Nomura was a very enriching experience. It was very well organised and the given responsibility exceeded my expectations.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Nomura

Once I had established myself as part of the team the level of respect from my colleagues was very high. The team was sociable and the atmosphere was very accommodating.

The interns in my team had direct contact to the seniors of the team and could bring in their ideas.

The deal flow was constantly high and I was very busy every single day of the internship. The working hours were still better than I expected and fairly flexible to the workload.

The level of responsibility exceeded my expectations and my tasks prepared me for an analyst position in investment banking.

As I was interning in the ALF team I acquired many new complementary skills to my studies in finance which were mostly focused on Corporate Finance

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Nomura

The atmosphere in the office was very friendly and accommodating.

The administration was very good and we received information on every aspect of the internship. Requests were handled efficiently and HR tried to manage all inquiries with care.

The summer internship started with one week of technical training by an external provider.

Nomura is a growing institution in Europe and is operated very smoothly. The company values excellent work results and supports striving individuals.

Given the high workload in banking the relationships between the interns and the permanent staff was very good. Bankers from all departments regularly met for after work drinks on the company's own terrace.

The costs of living in London are horrifically high. Compared to my home country Germany the salary does not compensates for the costs of living.

Given the industry's long working hours the nightlife around the area is not really relevant. However, we have a nice pub in our building right next to the Thamse.

There were various associations that we could be part of. Employees for example regularly meet for collective runs or football training.