7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was very friendly and accommodating.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The administration was very good and we received information on every aspect of the internship. Requests were handled efficiently and HR tried to manage all inquiries with care.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The summer internship started with one week of technical training by an external provider.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Nomura is a growing institution in Europe and is operated very smoothly. The company values excellent work results and supports striving individuals.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Given the high workload in banking the relationships between the interns and the permanent staff was very good. Bankers from all departments regularly met for after work drinks on the company's own terrace.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The costs of living in London are horrifically high. Compared to my home country Germany the salary does not compensates for the costs of living.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Given the industry's long working hours the nightlife around the area is not really relevant. However, we have a nice pub in our building right next to the Thamse.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were various associations that we could be part of. Employees for example regularly meet for collective runs or football training.
Imagine yourself working at Nomura
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Nomura