Data Intern at CrowdScores

Business Analytics Computer and Systems Engineering Languages Mathematics/Statistics Sport/Sports Management

6.9/10

6.0

I really enjoyed my internship at Crowdscores, so much so that I am still working for them a year later. It provided me with a great first job, in a field that I am interested in and gave me the opportunity to live in London. The work is mostly enjoyable, although after a year and a half it has become a bit tedious.

Very valued. It's a very relaxed office and I bonded with everyone immediately. There's a lot of 'banter' so you have to be ready to have the micky taken out of you, but it's a great bunch of people who work there, who spend lunches together, play Fifa in the office, have socials together, and are friends outside of work.

The leader of my team (the data team) gave me one to one training for several weeks whilst I learn the ropes. He gave me a detailed background of extra things, such as how our processors and aggregators work, which isn't necessary for the role but helps you understand the company more.

There was always a multitude of tasks that needed doing and I was always busy. The hours are relaxed though, but often I found myself working 9-5, going home and working the football fixtures in the evening from 6.30-9, and sometimes saturdays on top of this, although this was rota'd between the team fairly.

Within the first day I was given roles that would have an impact on our data within the app, user interactions and the data we were selling. I was treated as if I was just another one of the team, and were quickly involved in company meetings outside of my team.

I don't have anything to really compare it to but I feel like it's not going to be overly useful. It has given me skills in database management, linguistics and investigation, but I'm not sure if the 'data analysis' I was doing is relateable to other working environments. I don't think it is too largely unfortunately.

A talkative fun filled open plan office environment, with everyone kept happy by being able to choose to talk openly to other colleagues, wear earphones, or have a chat in Slack, the office messaging system. This changed when a few people left the company and the office became significantly more suppressed.

Very well organised. I applied to the job a week before Christmas, had an interview the next week and started on January 1st. They were excellent at communication, and had a structured way of teaching me the work, but also gave me the freedom to figure out my own working methods and schedule.

They trained me in the work that I needed to do very well. I have had significant pay increases, and they are allowing me 3 months off to go to Barbados to work for a conservation charity. I have not developed many extra skills however, but then again, I have been lazy and not really pushed to do extra work or learn new skills.

If you had asked me a year ago I would have given it 10/10 and I did take a permanent role with them. However, recently a few people have left and the company seems to have stagnated in it's movement. There is little confidence in our ability to get funded and

Plenty of fifa being played in the office and everyone is always down for a drink after work. A few people are very quiet and don't talk at all but you get that in most offices. It is a good mix for any personality, and we aren't only interested in football, which might put some people off if they assume it is an office full of 'football lads'.

It's London so it's very expensive. A pint in the pubs next to work is over £5 and rent is extortionate. I paid £700 a month for a tiny (TINY) room in Zone 2 which I could walk to work in 50 minutes. I know people paying that much or more in zones further out so you have to add commuting costs in as well (£6 tube a day or £3 bus).

It's in very central London, just by fleet street and St. Pauls Cathedral. It is surrounded by pubs and most clubs or activities are just a short tube or bus ride away. You couldn't be in a more central location, and we had some good nights out at places within walking distance.

When I joined there was a huge amount to do. We were having organised socials every few weeks doing activities like minigolf, gokarting, darts, as well as drinks after work on Friday, a company football team and me and a few of the other colleagues organised another night of football. These have died down recently however.

More reviews from CrowdScores