Investment Analyst at Fidelity International

Banking/Finance

7.5/10

The internship was very enjoyable, and involved writing a total of four detailed investment theses over 8 weeks. It was very individualistic however there was always someone you could easily go ask if you needed help, or had any questions of both theoretical and practical nature.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Fidelity International

Everyone was polite and welcoming. But as mentioned the work is very individualistic so you do not generate value and contribute to other analysts workload (hence its hard to be "valued", but this is a great thing.

Dedicated supervisor who was always willing to talk for hours over questions I had. Even if those questions were unrelated to the work, they were dedicated to developing you as an investor.

I had 2 weeks a thesis and all day every day to dedicate my time to it.

Intellectually we did the work of a full time analyst, in terms of putting money behind our ideas it's unlikely but that shouldn't matter.

They aren't very relevant for my degree, beyond it provides the foundation for my career.

Very happy and nice.

It was well organised once we arrived.

Very heavily, I spoke directly to the best portfolio managers and asked all I wanted.

Long term career potential is significant.

Not sure. Probably.

It's central London so typically expensive.

N/A

Not really, perhaps, the work was enjoyable and my focus.