Cyber Security 2024 Placement
In the 12-month Cyber Security Placement, you will be placed within the UK Cyber Security team and assist with protecting the Aviation Systems UK business from advanced Cyber threats.
Roles and Responsibilities
In the 12-month Cyber Security Placement, you will be placed within the UK Cyber Security team and assist with protecting the Aviation Systems UK business from advanced Cyber threats. Hands on experience and knowledge will be gained through various channels such as Insider Threat, SIEM Logging, Threat Detection, Incident Response, Threat Intelligence and Digital Forensics. Other learning opportunities will be presented during the internship to include malware & pcap analysis, hacking fundamentals, network intrusion and python coding.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects supported by your People Leader and team around you. We will guide you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE Aviation experience. Your People Leader will offer coaching and mentoring, and you will be provided with the opportunity to connect with other placement students across the UK.
If you are passionate about Cyber Security, we would like to hear from you.
This opportunity is offered in our Cheltenham site, during the process we will ask you to share your location preferences.
With over 1,600 employees, GE Aerospace Cheltenham is one of the largest GE sites outside the USA and a major contributor to the local economy.
Our heritage dates back to 1940 yet our technology is cutting-edge. Located in the heart of Gloucestershire, GE Aerospace Cheltenham focuses on the design, development and manufacture of state-of-the-art aircraft power distribution and avionics systems for the global aviation industry. Our customers include all major aerospace manufacturers - covering commercial, business jet and military applications. The scale and complexity of engineering projects at GE Aerospace Cheltenham offer our employees unique opportunities to work on major international projects, developing critical aircraft systems that will be relied on by many people for decades to come.
GE Aerospace Cheltenham is actively committed to inclusivity and diversity. We regularly run science, technology, engineering & maths (STEM) programmes with local secondary schools, support the Cheltenham Science Festival and support the promotion of women in engineering. At GE Aerospace, we strive to be an employer of choice by offering internships, apprenticeships, mentoring and staff development programmes that create a workplace where everyone can be themselves and achieve their full potential. Innovation, a commitment to engineering excellence and leadership development places GE Aerospace Cheltenham as a pioneering force in building the future of flight.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Currently studying or recently achieved a Cyber Security bachelor’s or master’s degree (such as Computing and Cyber Security, Cyber Security and Forensics)
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in projects
- Organised & able to work towards deadlines
- Inspired and curious to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership for projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team
A placement at GE Aerospace is an opportunity to learn while doing. At GE Aerospace, you’ll work with business leaders in an atmosphere that will develop you, while doing work that makes an immediate impact.
- All placements are available to students and recent graduates who can start a placement between June to August 2024, for a duration of 12 months.
- Application deadline is 31st December 2023. However, we review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply ASAP. Vacancies will close once filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments and a final round interview.
- Please only submit one application. If you submit multiple applications, we will progress the most suitable one. If in future you are deemed to be suitable for other opportunities, we will automatically consider you for these too.
At GE Aerospace, we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice, and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE Aerospace, we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Performance based annual bonus
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
About GE Aerospace
At GE Aerospace, we believe the world works better when it flies. We are a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft. Our rich history of inventing the future of flight, our continual investment in research and development, and our talented and innovative people will enable us to rise to the challenge of building a world that works with industry-leading technology and innovation. In fact, we’re already developing our next-generation of technologies to achieve greater fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions with an ambition to be a net-zero company by 2050.
Working at GE Aerospace means you are bringing your unique perspective, innovative spirit, drive, curiosity, and ability to question the status quo to a collaborative and diverse team. It means you will have ideas and we will listen. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on really cool things with really smart people. Work that you will be proud of. Work that really matters.
Here are just a few of the reasons you will want to consider a career with us:
- You will help solve the global challenge of how the world flies more sustainably. Do work real work with a real purpose.
- Be a part of a global workforce of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences where everyone feels supported and respected.
- Learn from the best minds who also want to learn from you.
- Earn merit-based rewards and incentives.
- Have opportunities for continuous learning and development.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Average Review Score
This score is based on the honest reviews left by students who have worked at GE Aerospace. Find out what it’s really like to work there - before you apply.Read 111 Reviews