11th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Business Management, Leisure and Hospitality, Marketing, Sport/Sports Management
Motorsport Events Placement
This is a position designed for an undergraduate student seeking an industry placement for their 3rd year or a recent University Graduate. This is a year long position commencing August 2022. Please ensure you have read and understood the full list of requirements before applying.
- Responsible for elements of Porsche Centre Hospitality Programme delivery within the Porsche Motorsport Department, and to work with internal teams to assist in the management and delivery of Motorsport events.
- Admin and planning during office time
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- To implement and deliver the Porsche Centre Motorsport Hospitality Program for Porsche Carrera Cup GB
- Collate hospitality package – tickets, info packs, guest lanyards
- Ensure Porsche Centre Hospitality bookings are added to Centre consolidated billing
- Arrange payment for the hospitality packages via internal invoicing structure.
- Co-ordinate hospitality allocation to relevant Centres around the UK and ensure all guests are assigned a BP number in C@P
- Deliver the event and host guests at the Circuit and be Key point of contact for clients prior, during and post the events.
- Collate ‘Goody Bags’ for Centre Hospitality Programme
- Assist the Motorsport Assistant Manager with hospitality planning for Porsche Sprint Challenge GB
- Manage the Motorsport fleet of road cars
- Manage all hotel bookings for Porsche Carrera Cup GB staff and create a ‘Rooming List’ for each event.
- Oversee the allocation, distribution, return and disposal of Motorsport ‘Team Kit’
- Ensure the Motorsport stock room is well organised and stock levels are recorded
- Assisting in production of working documents for each event, distribution throughout the team ensuring accuracy and understanding from each party.
- Liaison with external suppliers with joint event responsibility.
- Resource planning.
- Input to PCGB systems, raising Invoices, Purchase Orders etc
- Liaison with PCGB departments.
- Regular meetings with Motorsport Manager and Motorsport Event Planner to update on progress with each event, ensuring that all information is captured and relayed to the Motorsport Team where relevant.
- Travel is required throughout the Motorsport season – March – October. 8 race weekends throughout the UK and Scotland plus other related events Friday through to Sunday
- Responsible for elements of Porsche Centre Hospitality Programme delivery within the Porsche Motorsport Department, and to work with internal teams to assist in the management and delivery of events.
- Race season states from 1st April until mid-October.
- Admin and planning during office time.
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements. The job holder is required to sign their acceptance of the job profile.
- This is a position designed for an undergraduate student seeking an industry placement for their 3rd year or a recent University Graduate. Events Management or Motorsport related degree is desirable.
- 3x A-Levels grades A-C
- quired IT-skills:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- quired specialised knowledge:
- Customer service experience
- Event Management experience
- quired language knowledge:
- Highly competent in spoken and written English
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be 21 years old+ on start date (August 2022) and a full clean driving license held for a minimum of 2 years is essential.
Travel is required throughout the Motorsport season – March – October. 10+ race weekends throughout the UK and Scotland plus other related events Friday through to Sunday
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Charity project with all PCGB Interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- Corporate gym membership with PureGym only located next door to Head Office
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on 18th January 2022. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on 10th February 2022, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Compliance Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.