11th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Automotive, Business Management, Logistics and Operations
Events Coordinator Placement-Commercial Training
This is a Placement Year position for a candidate currently studying a Business related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year. The role will commence in August 2022. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
To coordinate and manage non-technical training operations on a day-to-day basis in conjunction with the Training team, acting as a key contact point for the Porsche Network.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- To act as a direct contact between the Porsche Dealer Network and Porsche Cars Network Training department for day to day training enquiries
- Maintain and administer the online Porsche Academy Learning Management System (PALMS) in conjunction with the Training team. Ensure that the system is accurate with regards to:
- Porsche Centre staff who either start with or leave the Network
- The non-technical training schedule for the year
- Training course bookings
- Proactively manage the Learning Management System, reviewing the integrity and usability of the system and database on an ongoing basis and research, recommend and project manage necessary changes
- Co-ordinate training resources including:
- Venues for training courses (including the sourcing and contractual involved in setting up new venues)
- The Training calendar
- Delivers (trainers) and associated training equipment
- Manage communication with all training delegates
- To proactively manage the online training progression of staff in the Porsche Network using their individual learning paths. This includes reporting on the progress of staff in Porsche Centres with regards to these Centre’s compliance with both Porsche AG Training Certification requirements and Porsche Cars GB Operating Guidelines
- Provide administrative support to the Training and Development team in the areas of:
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting room bookings (internal and external)
- SAP PR/PO (Financial) management
- Supplier payment and invoicing
- Operational budget management
- Ensure that all relevant course charges are applied in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Financial Department guidelines
- To manage the logistics, budget, supplier relationships and day to day operation of product training events, from brief to delivery
- Opportunity to travel within Europe
Requirements for the Job and Person Specification:
- Required Study Specification
- Business related degree
- Required IT-skills
- Excellent level of PC literacy, including MS-Office, excel, word
- Required language knowledge
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Other requirements
- Prioritising skills
- Attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Staff Christmas party
- Charity project with all PCGB Interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- Corporate gym membership with PureGym only located next door to Head Office
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The intern is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on 11, 12 or 13th January 2022. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on Friday 4th February 2022, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Compliance Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.