Technical Services Placement
As a Service Desk Analyst, you’ll be involved in all areas of the business and will get to grips with a variety of business processes. Every day will bring a different challenge using a different technology or tool.
Analysts serve as the main point of contact for customers and will be their first port of call for any technical questions they have. As well as developing your communication skills, you will perform a range of technical tasks such as moving databases, running SQL scripts, and debugging websites.
During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
As an integral member of the team you’ll be treated as a full-time employee with a role that is crucial to the success of the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Communication – As the first point of contact you’ll be communicating with customers on daily basis. Using several communication platforms and methods, such as email, telephone, and instant messaging, you’ll engage with our customers and deliver the best possible service. In addition, you’ll be liaising with all other departments within the business to ensure the smooth running of our platforms and services.
- Investigation & Problem Solving – Whether it be a simple query that you can solve quickly, or a more complex issue which requires further investigation to resolve, you’ll develop the skillset to get to the root of a problem and solve it.
- Project Management – There’s always an opportunity for you to get involved in a customer-facing project or an internal initiative to improve our business processes.
- SQL & Database Management – Databases underpin our systems. From simple select statements to unloading and reloading databases, you'll learn how to write SQL and how to manage a database.
- Testing & QA – Delivering a bug-free and quality product is important for a SaaS business. As part of your placement you’ll be involved in the testing of product updates and features.
- Rollout of Platform Updates – ProspectSoft use Agile development methodologies and frequently roll out updates to our platform. You’ll be integral to the continuation and deployment of our services.
- Networking & Security – Security is vital to every business. As an ISO 27001 accredited company we take Networking and Security very seriously. As part of your placement you’ll learn security best practice, the methods, and technologies that we use to keep data secure and confidential.
- Virtualisation – Core to our business is the virtualisation of instances and systems. During your placement you’ll learn how to use Hyper-V and Azure to build and manage virtual machines.
- Azure Services – At ProspectSoft we use the Azure stack for several of our solutions. You’ll become familiar with aspects of the Azure offering such as Blob Storage and Application Insights.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An empathetic approach & positive attitude
- A drive to learn a wide variety of technologies & software platforms
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills that you need to fly high in the real world.
- Career Path – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will enable you to excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want to ensure that you gain the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re thrown into the deep end and given real responsibility, being treated and respected just like all the other permanent employees are. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your skills are hugely valued and appreciated.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – Undertaking a placement year means you’ll be given real responsibilities and opportunities that will be both challenging and exciting. From this exposure, you’ll develop transferable skills that you just wouldn’t acquire at University, so it’ll stand you in good stead upon graduation!
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays – Who doesn’t love Pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza!
- Beer Friday – Every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early, crack open the beer fridge and socialise! Employees can kick start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Summer Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a summer get together!
- Christmas Party – Every year, ProspectSoft host a Christmas party! The whole company gathers together for a night of celebrations…it’s a bash not to be missed!
- Placement Do’s – To welcome placements to ProspectSoft, the office head down to the local pub for a few drinks after their first day. It’s a great way for everyone to mingle and get to know each other! When the time comes to say goodbye, the company heads into Oxford for a leaving do, which involves plenty of food, drinks and dancing - it’s a great (and very emotional) send off!
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.