Vehicle Forecasting & Asset Risk Placement
The Asset Risk Department at VWFS UK is responsible for forecasting the Residual Values (RV - how much a new car will be worth in 3 years’ time) that underpin the majority of the finance we offer to our customers. This is predominantly focused around the VW group brands containing VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Lamborghini, Bentley and Porsche. This process has a huge impact on the future value of vehicles so attention to detail is imperative.
On the whole the Asset Risk Team has touchpoints with every department within VWFS, giving the student that joins us an excellent exposure to the wider business
About the role
- You will provide analysis and forecasting recommendations to assist in setting residual values
- You will be responsible for providing senior management with both quantitative and qualitative analysis of risks on the residual value portfolio
- Work with the Asset Risk Manager to ensure continuous review of methodologies used ensuring best practice is adopted by VWFS
- You will be part of a team that carries out quarterly stock audits on a variety of auction sites across the UK where vehicles are held at the end of their contract
- Provide analysis for the Asset Risk and Risk Management teams, in particular identification of new and or developing risks
- Studying towards a Business, Economics or Maths related degree
- An strong interest in cars and the car industry is essential
- Self-motivated and willingness to take own initiative
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Positive attitude and readiness to learn
- An interest in data analysis, business analysis, alongside financial and accounting analysis
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Confident communicator
- Comfortable working both within a team and independently to complete tasks effectively
What you’ll get:
(apart from a wealth of experience for the future…)
- Earn whilst you learn and receive a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum plus discretionary bonus and access to company pension scheme
- A fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- Participate in Lifeskills workshops, designed specifically for our Undergraduates
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme which means driving 2 brand new vehicles during your placement (a great way to make your mates jealous when you visit them at Uni)
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Onsite wellbeing centre – think lunchtime massages, onsite HIIT classes and health check-ups
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Here at VWFS, we provide finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. The Group includes some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands, like: Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti, Ducati, Scania and MAN.
Please be aware that we are only accepting one application per candidate so do take the time to make sure that this is the opportunity you feel passionate about applying for.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.