Production Engineer Placement
If you are passionate about engineering, communication and production, look no further….
Atlas Copco is a global engineering company, passionate about sustainable productivity. We design and build bespoke engineering solutions for our customers around the world, on site in our workshop in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. The expertise and knowledge we have gained over the past 30 years ensures we stand out from the competition.
If you are interested in fast paced projects, implementing a broad range of skills and communication, this role is for you.
Day to day you will make a difference by…
- Working with continuous improvement engineers and placements to identify monitor and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Improving and examining workshop processes with a view to improving the safety, quality and cost of our production.
- Analysing workshop data for common causes of delay.
- Communicating and collaborating with the design engineering and production teams, implementing solutions from lessons learnt and process analysis feedback.
- Developing work plans and instructions for standard equipment with a view to improving efficiency and standardising build.
- Assisting labour planning and workshop scheduling, arranging the testing and performance measurements of assembled equipment.
- Working with the logistics team to ensure well organised delivery and collection of goods to support the production.
The person we are looking for is....
- A student in their penultimate year of university preferably studying in a Business, Engineering or Science-related degree. However, other backgrounds will be considered.
- Great problem-solving and interpersonal skills are a must as well as the ability to work well within a team.
- Confident using the MS Office Suite and with an interest to take these skills to the next level.
- Desire to learn statistical analysis techniques to identify process defect data and carry out root cause analysis.
- Interested in a career in engineering/production management, continuous improvements, systems engineering, business analysis.
The terms of this role….
- You will have the opportunity to work with the engineering design teams and production to ensure effective communication and implementation of lessons learnt.
- From day one you will have your own responsibilities and become a key member of the team, contributing to its success.
- The opportunity to shape and influence the way we do things.
- Exposure to global large-scale projects, and key stakeholders building your network for the future.
- Ongoing training and development throughout your placement.
About Atlas Copco
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.