“It was a great experience. Citi is a vibrant and exciting place to work! The people are friendly and the job was exciting…” - Read full review
At Citi, we’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. We provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
By harnessing the power of our people – we’ll continue to move forward. This is a place where the best come to get better. It’s our unwavering focus on delivering opportunities for growth and development to our most talented people that is best known within the industry. Here, opportunities to progress are truly open to all. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
Technology, Production Support, Placement Analyst
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Placement Analysts to join the Production Support Technology team. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses and by utilizing a broad range of technologies; our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our growth strategy.
Production Support plays an integral part in running and maintaining the production environment for all applications throughout the trade lifecycle, so that traders and middle office can confidently conduct business and service clients. Our production support analysts provide direct and constant interaction with the businesses we support, using their problem solving and technological skills to quickly resolve any technological issues, which can vary in severity and complexity and may impact Citi’s reputation or profits. Due to the nature of the role, working so close with both trading and other technical teams, production support analysts quickly become equipped with extensive business knowledge, as well as technical skills.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Technology Placement Analyst Program can be up to 10 months in length and commences ideally in June or August. We will however make allowances for any students who have a university placement requirement which falls outside of this period.
This is fantastic opportunity to get a real hands-on approach and develop your technical skills. Top-performing Placement Analysts will be offer the opportunity to return to Citi after graduation to join the full-time Analyst program. Ongoing support and feedback are vital to your development and success and these are provided at every step of your program.
Your time here will look something like this...
A position in production support will involve the following:
- Providing exceptional technical support – It is production supports job to ensure that our revenue-critical systems are up, running, and functioning as expected. If they are not, then our analysts will work to detect the issue, minimize the impact, and return the system to a stable state. This might be through failover, segmenting off the infrastructure that’s having issue, or rolling back a defective change. If issues are not managed correctly, the impact on Citi’s reputation and finances could be catastrophic.
- Resiliency and capacity testing – We need to know that our applications can function in the event of a disaster (technical or natural), and can cope with ever increasing volumes, so that the business can continue to operate as normal. Our analysts put our systems to the test; simulating hypothetical situations that could impact our operation systems to understand limitations and build contingency plans.
- Improving Production Support Monitoring Techniques – Monitoring is vital to alert support to any issues within the production environment so they can resolve the issue as quickly as possible in order to limit user impact.
- Organizational and operational efficiency improvements – Our analysts get involved in efficiency improvements to identify where tasks or processes can be automated or streamlined. Our past analysts have implemented solutions ranging from excel macros to python scripts and C# applications – it’s not just the developers who have the programming fun!
- Release / Change Management – Your development peers will be writing the application code for new functionality, but our production support analysts will be the ones to decide if it can be released into our live systems or not. With strong change management techniques, production support analysts help to protect the live systems from unnecessary harm and keep our trading platforms stable.
We want to hear from you if...
- Are studying a degree that allows a industrial placement, or have graduated with a 2:1 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You achieved a minimum of 96 UCAS points*
- You can demonstrate a passion for Technology. A knowledge of any of the following would be a plus but not essential: SQL, Unix/Linux, Scripting languages, Windows Servers
- You have strong evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a strong desire to be successful in a team environment
*for A Level it will be taken from the top three grades sat in the same year and first sitting over 2 years at (excluding General Studies).
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Display a passion for technology with a knowledge of any of the following would be a plus: SQL, Unix/Linux, Scripting languages, Windows Servers.
- Client focused with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Motivated to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.