About GVA UK
Who are we? We’re a trusted advisor to the real estate industry. As one of the UK’s leading companies in this industry, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with a range of services to support a project from start to finish. Our rich heritage gives us the edge when it comes to understanding this ever-changing market.
Our placement programme is a great chance for you to get an insight into what the property industry is all about. Your year with us will see you take on real responsibility for completing client work. This isn’t just an opportunity to get some experience on your CV – if you perform well throughout your time with us, you’ll be rewarded with a place on our graduate scheme when you finish at university.
We have opportunities for undergraduate students in our Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester or Newcastle offices.
We have a leading Planning, Development and Regeneration team operating throughout the UK. We provide high quality planning advice and support to a variety of Private and public sector clients, as well as business support to colleagues and senior management.
- Involvement in development plan and/or policy issues
- Planning application processing (end to end)
- Assistance in negotiating planning contributions, and formulating development strategies and masterplans
- Preparing planning appraisals and writing reports
- Assistance on public consultations with preparatory materials and attendance at public events
- Research/keeping informed of documents related to planning policy and procedure and advising/summarising implications for colleagues, and company literature
- Gather, interpret and assimilate data for analytical assessment of information
- Research on live applications, development plans, supplementary guidance and other critical information for client reports
- Assistance in drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive proposals with clients
- Monitoring planning committee and other hearings
- Liaising with other GVA teams and providing ad hoc planning advice
- Resilient and adaptable
- Commercially aware with knowledge of GVA
- Driven and motivated
- Articulate and confident
- Professional and persuasive
- Working knowledge of all I.T Office packages
- Confident networker
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good problem-solver
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive on following up potential leads
We look for undergraduates on-track for a 2:1, Merit or above level in any degree subject. You must be able to demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the Real Estate industry.
- You are only allowed to make one application, therefore please ensure you apply for the vacancy you are most interested in.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be reviewed
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.