About Raleigh International
Raleigh International creates lasting change youth. We are a sustainable development charity that believes that when local communities and young people work side by side to create positive change, it empowers them. And it’s the energy and motivation of empowered people that creates lasting change.
One of our programmes is International Citizen Service (ICS). ICS is a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries to volunteer in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Raleigh ICS Volunteer
Raleigh International is looking for young people to volunteer overseas with ICS, a development programme which is fully funded by the UK Government.
ICS aims to bring about three things: project impact, volunteer personal development and the creation of active citizens.
- Aged 18-25? Apply as a volunteer. Placements last 12 weeks.
- Aged 23-35? Apply as a team leader. Placements last from 14 weeks to 8 months.
- With Raleigh ICS, you will focus on improving people’s access to water and sanitation, or supporting women and young people to set up small businesses in order to improve community resilience
- You will contribute to sustainable development and make a real difference to the lives of people living in poverty
What’s in it for you?
- It won’t cost you a penny - Your flights, visas, vaccines, training, food, medical insurance and accommodation are all covered
- You’ll have a completely unique experience - 10-12 weeks living with a host family, experiencing a new culture and working with local volunteers. You’ll be part of the community.
- You’ll be more employable afterwards - You’ll gain teamwork, leadership and communication skills, which will make you stand out, and set you up well for whichever career you choose.
Applications are now open for our autumn placements
- Nepal: 27 Sep - 19 Dec 2017 and 28 Sep - 20 Dec 2017
- Nicaragua: 28 Sep - 20 Dec 2017
- Tanzania: 26 Sep - 16 Dec 2017
If you have any questions, please give us a call at Raleigh’s head office on 020 7183 1296 or email email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.