“Working at Disney has been amazing, fantastic colleagues, work to do that has real business value, great offices, decent pay and over 150 other interns for a good social scene…” - Read full review
About Walt Disney
From world-class feature films and hit TV programmes, to exhilarating theme parks, exciting virtual worlds, and Disney-branded products that invoke a lifetime of memories, The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) UK & Ireland has been delivering unforgettable entertainment experiences for more than 75 years.
Broadcast Engineering Placement
Every year we offer 12 month internships to the brightest individuals who can really add something to this magical business. The programme offers the opportunity to gain first hand work experience within your chosen degree discipline.
The Production team for Disney Channels produces content for the UK portfolio of channels;
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Playhouse Disney /Disney Junior
The team produce promos and interstitial content internally, and commission third parties to produce promotional and graphics content for our channels. We are offering a chance to work alongside the Broadcast team in a pressured but exciting environment. We offer the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of Broadcast Operations, from Post Production to Transmission.
You’ll be delivering technical, administrative and organisational support to the LOC Technology and Operations team. You'll assist the technology and broadcast managers with documentation and manage a methodical system for handling deliverables and assets.
You'll work alongside the engineering team to assist with the management of Disney’s Media Asset Management and Workflow System and provide support for this system to the various teams within the LOC Technology and Operation team. Helping to maintain and update specifications and workflow documents and keep all records up to date. As well as this you’ll also manage the distribution, tracking and authorisation of Smart Cards for transmission while working closely with the Channels Team.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in September 2018
- MUST have the existing right to work in the UK
- Be studying towards a related degree e.g. Broadcast/Media Technology
- Must have a high level of computer literacy
- Experience with Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of file based workflows and standard broadcast file types.
- Good at prioritising and a natural ability to tackle various admin duties.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience and help build the foundations
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment with access to various Learning and Development courses
- Annual salary of £18k, including 25 days paid holiday plus fabulous discounts for a range of affiliated Disney Products and Destinations.
- Season ticket loan
- A great community for interns - interaction with other interns to arrange housing and attend social events.
- Fantastic opportunities to work on charity projects - to take part in our Disney VoluntEar scheme; volunteering in a range of charitable activities, within the community and supporting our main charity, Great Ormond Street.
- Companywide learning opportunities - e.g. networking breakfasts, ‘Networking with’ sessions, VP meets and greets.
- Family and Friends Screenings – opportunities to see latest Disney films.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.