Internship Details

• Job Title: RBC Capital Markets Summer Intern - UK Interest Rates Strategy
  • Start Date: 2011
  • Length: Internship (1-4 Months)
  • Location: London ,

Job Title: RBC Capital Markets Summer Intern - UK Interest Rates Strategy

Overall Rated 8.3

10 1

View breakdown

I was part of the strategy team. My task was to develop a model on Excel that is going to be useful(profitable) for traders inside the firm. I also helped my manager in simpler/quick tasks such as plotting charts/creating tables on Excel.

Rated 9/10

It was a great experience, thanks both to RBCCM that organises brilliant internships and to the city of London which offers awesome nightlife and out of office activities

Rated 8/10

My manager was great and gave me a lot of support. The rest of the colleagues weren't as supportive but always happy to chat and teach things involved in their job.

Rated 10/10

My manager followed me thoroughly during the course of the project he asked me to do for him. If sometimes markets kept him too busy, he might help less but he would still call me up to show me what was going on in the markets and discuss a bit.

Rated 8/10

I had to complete an ongoing project, so the workload highly depended on how much I wanted to focus on it. There might be days in which I couldn't advance that much and the markets kept colleagues too busy to try and ask for help, but in general it was a good balance of workload as step by step I completed the project during the 8 weeks of internship.

Rated 7/10

My task was to develop a model that is now a useful tool for the traders in the bank. However, due to my full commitment to this project, I wasn't very involved in the day to day work that my team did.

Rated 9/10

This experience highly contributed to my personal growth in terms of establishing relationships with work colleagues, learning a lot more about the financial markets and life on a trading floor. After the experience, I was also sure that a career in the financial markets is really what I want to pursue.

Rated 9/10

It was great. Obviously there were periods of stress, especially in these times of stress in the markets themselves, but colleagues were nearly always in a good mood and friendly.

Rated 9/10

Great. Apart from the daily work on the trading floor, during which I was closely followed by my manager, HR organised many activities such as a weekly trading game involving all interns.

Rated 8/10

I would say in a period of 8 weeks it is hard to really give a big amount of personal training. Nonetheless, I learned a lot from my manager and also just staying on a trading floor and following the work of other people. The internship program also included a day at the Bloomberg offices for training.

Rated 6/10

Rated 9/10

I am awaiting response for taking part to the Graduate Program that follows the summer internship with a gap year in between. The banking industry is a tough industry to get into overall at these times, but RBC is well positioned and is one of the few banks that still recruits a lot.

Rated 10/10

Great time with other interns, some of which will probably still be friends if distance permits it.

Rated 6/10

Probably the only downside, expensive life...but the pay should make up for it.

Rated 10/10

London's nightlife is awesome.

Rated 7/10

Even though the long working hours don't allow for so much time to spend during the week outside work, if you get active there are a lot of activities one can join as London has so many people who have the same life balance. I used to play football and badmington weekly with colleagues/interns, and go out on weekends.

Final Average Overall Review Ratings

Calculated by combining the answers in each section. Back to Top

• The Role Overall

• The Organisation Overall

• Everything Else Overall

The final verdict…

On average, this intern student rated RBC Capital Markets with a 8.3 star rating average.

★★★★★★★★☆☆

Got a question about this Internship review? Ask the reviewer…

Sign up or sign in to ask a question

Employer’s Response To This Review

Sign up or sign in to publish a response

More Placements & Internship Reviews

These recent reviews are for similar roles and organisations over a similar period of time.

Recent Reviews
PwC is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Intern at PwC
PwC is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Pensions Assurance Intern at PwC
  • Salary: £12,000 - £13,999
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
PwC is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer RAS - Assurance Split Scheme. Intern at PwC
  • Location: North West
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
PwC is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Associate Intern- G & PS Assurance at PwC
  • Location: North West
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Global Markets intern at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
KPMG is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Summer Intern / Vacation Student at KPMG
  • Salary: £20,000 - £21,999
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Sunner Analyst in Global Transaction Banking at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
  • Location: Greater London
KPMG is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Vacation Scheme Intern at KPMG
★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
  • Salary: £18,000 - £19,999
  • Location: Yorkshire and Humberside
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Risk Summer Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Summer Intern at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Equity Capital Market - Summer Internship at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
KPMG is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Transaction Services at KPMG
  • Salary: £20,000 - £21,999

Placements & Internship Jobs Like This

New placements & internships by email each week!

These suggested internship and placement opportunities are for similar roles and organisations over a similar period of time.

Recent Jobs
Placement or Internship at Go Abroad China Internship Placement In China
Go Abroad China
Application deadline: 31st Aug 2014
  • Salary: Stipend (Could Cover Living Expenses). Free Networking. Tour And Cultural…
  • Locations: Nationwide
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months),Placement Year (10 Months+)
BDO is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Summer Internship Programme
BDO
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
BlackRock is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Analytics & Risk - Portfolio Analytics - London
BlackRock
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Deloitte  is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Deloitte Summer Vacation Scheme opportunities in consulting
Deloitte
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Enterprise Rent-A-Car Internship Programme
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
EY is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer EY Summer Internship
EY
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. China Internship Program: Internships in Beijing and Shanghai
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Business Development Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. International Trade Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Marketing Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Finance Internship In Beijing, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. International Marketing Internship In Beijing, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Grant Thornton is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Grant Thornton Summer Internship
Grant Thornton
KPMG is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Vacation Programme
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at On-Campus Promotions Brand Managers for On-Campus Promotions
On-Campus Promotions

RBC Capital Markets Company Profile

For more jobs, reviews and information about placement and internship schemes from RBC Capital Markets, visit their full company profile.

Visit their Full Company Profile