Business Improvement Intern at Eaton

Doncaster Yorkshire and Humberside
Business Management

6.7/10

5.5

Taking part and managing improvement and other projects in a manufacturing environment.

I was given real responsibilities to deliver and make a difference in the business. Very challenging and very rewarding.

Once I have proved myself I was treated equally among the other members of the team.

We had regular review with my manager and and he was always there to answer my questions and give a proffessional advice.

I was quite busy once I got my own projects to run. So staying over on a regular basis is a norm.

Was given quite a lot of responcibility over important aspects on the shop floor. Some projects involved tens of people to take control of.

The skills that I developed during the year through the experience, rather than the training, are xtremely useful and will help me through my career in future.

I would say that most of the time it was a balanced atmosphere of normal people coming to work.

The induction was organised very well, and then I was just performing as everybody else in my team, tackling the issues of the business that needed action.

I did receive some good training: Project Management, Commercial Awareness, Finance for Managers, Excell, Power Point, etc...
Short and basic, but nice.

I was offered to join their graduate program, which I am probably going to do.

We were all placed at different sites, but we did meet during the training sessions and had a good time together.

Being a big town, Doncaster offers everything at a medium price

I am not a big fan of nightlife, but at the times I did go out it was quite average.

There are enough opportunities, as long as you want them.