1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My stay at Travelport was very pleasant. The work environment is very friendly; so many great people to work with and the placement truly helped develop my professional and academic skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues, from Day 1 I was given reasonable amount of responsibility and it later grew as I started to become familiar with my role. All my work was being reviewed by a senior manager and I was given regular feedback on my performance
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great support and guidance was provided throughout the year. My entire team was keen to help out whenever I needed some help. I was also given a mentor who gave me additional support and many people from other departments have been helpful. I always had someone to reach out to when needed
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were busy times during the month where the workload can be very demanding so sometimes I had to stay beyond my normal working hours to make sure all my work is done on time. A good opportunity to enhance key skills including team working and working under pressure
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot more responsibility than I anticipated, as right from the start I was required to produce senior level management reports which required a high level of accuracy. Although this was challenging, I received initial training and ongoing support from my manager whenever needed
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
During my placement I’ve gained and improved many skills, these are Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and Powerpoint; financial analysis; public speaking and many more. I believe that these skills will help me in my future career as most of them are required for any graduate job
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very friendly and relaxed environment, everyone are welcoming and were happy to help me when I faced problems. Also, every Friday you get to wear casual clothes and be part of any other activities happening in the office. Something to point out, there's always food around in the office as part of celebrating any special occasion
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The programme was very well organised, it consisted of workshops; group projects; training sessions and shadowing opportunities. All of these were an addition to my normal day to day job and I found them very useful as they will undoubtedly be beneficial in my future career
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Travelport offered good personal training and development sessions such as how to be an effective manager; public speaking; personal branding; Myers-Briggs workshop and emotional intelligence
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Currently, there are no Graduate programmes however there is a possibility to join as a full time Finance Analyst
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I found most of my fellow placement students very friendly and I had couple of good outings with them
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I stayed home and commuted to work so I got to save my cost of living. Windsor is a very good place to socialise however it can be a bit expensive, you can also go to London which is about an hour away by train
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There’s not much to do in Langley, but as Windsor is not far and has good pubs and bars a lot of us end up going there
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, I was involved in many frequent team outings and social club events such as Boat Party, Softball, Go Karting, Segway and many more.