Placement students are included with the graduate students.
Working out at client sites most of the time auditing the companies financial statements.
Also spent about 3 months of the year in college studying for, and taking professional accountancy exams for the ACA qualification.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone at PwC makes you feel very valued, and seem like they appreciate the work you put in.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There are loads of different support networks you can turn to if you need any advice, and everyone is very approachable.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Usually quite busy, but at times when you have nothing to do, you can always find work somewhere to keep you busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt I was given the right amount of responsibility, based on my experience.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel the skills I have learnt will help my in my final year at Uni, and also in future employment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really good office, friendly atmosphere, but also able to get work done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
You can tell PwC are well practiced in placement schemes.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The first few weeks are all induction and training based, and the company also funds all your studying and exams.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been offered a graduate job, and will be going back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Theres a social club at PwC, but also a lot of social events are held by different year groups, or amongst placement students etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Normal city centre prices in B'ham for food and drink, I lived at home so not sure on price of accommodation.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Pretty good nightlife in B'ham city centre.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are loads of clubs, societies, groups etc you can get involved with.