1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed my time working for the company. I felt very welcomed by my colleagues and individuals in work who were all great to work with
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued as I was trusted with a number of repsosivbilities that my collegues relied on
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager ensured that my time working at network rail was benefiting and a great learning experience by giving me feedback on my performance/ how I can do better
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Depending on what day/ week we were in, my responsibilities changed on a daily basis and I always had something to do/ catch up on
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot of repsonisibility which member of the team relied on so I had to make sure I go the job done in a certain time frame
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I am interested in furthering my career in finance/ accounting, working in the Finance department gave me an insight of what the job involves whilst developing a number of transferable skills that I'll definitely use during my degree and future career
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Sown days are quiet, some are busy. General atmosphere is good
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was very well organised as in frequent communication regarding my role and what was expected of me
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are a number of training programs and opportunities that I could take up in order to develop that I took part in
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If given the opportunity I would definitely look into possibly getting a job with the organisation
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Office organised a number of different activities / opportunities to socialise with one another which was good as I had the opportunity to get to know other within the company that I may not interact with on a daily basis
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Office is located right in the town centre so living costs were quite high depending on the area around work..otherwise quite affordable
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I guess it was quite lively. I'm not one to go out so I didn't experience the nightlife as much
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?