Process, Management & Quality Intern at BMW Group

Hook South East
Banking/Finance

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed the work I was given. I felt it was tailored around me and my specific skills set and gave me a chance to work on a variety of different projects interacting with various business areas.

I immediately felt like one of the team and my colleagues were definitely major contributors to the success of my placement. If I have had any problems or questions, at no point did I feel I couldn't go up to someone and ask, no matter how small of a question it may have been.

The level of support was clearly shown from day 1. From my regular catch-up meetings with my manager, to the vast network of people I could go to around the company for any problem meant I never felt like I didn't have anyone to talk to.

Like all jobs, they have their busy and quiet periods. However overall I would say I had the right level of work assigned to me that I wasn't overwhelmed with the amount of work but at the same time wasn't sat twiddling my thumbs all day.

A great thing about my placement is that I was given real responsibilities, however if at any point I felt I was struggling or unsure on something, it was never a problem.

Overall my time management and prioritisation skills will give me the biggest advantage when I go back to university, including my general work ethic. I also feel the skills will help me in my future career, such as presenting skills and future management skills.

A very friendly atmosphere with the right balance between fun and work.

The internship programme is growing bigger every year, however overall everything ran smoothly and was very well organised.

If there were any areas where we wanted to develop they were supported to help us achieve them. We also received a whole days training at an off-site location which was extremely beneficial.

If there was a more sophisticated graduate programme, I would apply without giving it a second thought, however the graduate programme is lacking in terms of areas which to go in compared to other companies.

It was always nice for everyone to get together out of the office and there was plenty of opportunities for this.

I lived at home and general living costs in the local area are as expected.

Compared to university, there isn't a comparison, however that's expected not being in a major city/town.

Yes there was a weekly football organised and the chance to go on the annual football trip to Europe.