1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the work I was given. I felt it was tailored around me and my specific skills set and gave me a chance to work on a variety of different projects interacting with various business areas.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I immediately felt like one of the team and my colleagues were definitely major contributors to the success of my placement. If I have had any problems or questions, at no point did I feel I couldn't go up to someone and ask, no matter how small of a question it may have been.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The level of support was clearly shown from day 1. From my regular catch-up meetings with my manager, to the vast network of people I could go to around the company for any problem meant I never felt like I didn't have anyone to talk to.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like all jobs, they have their busy and quiet periods. However overall I would say I had the right level of work assigned to me that I wasn't overwhelmed with the amount of work but at the same time wasn't sat twiddling my thumbs all day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A great thing about my placement is that I was given real responsibilities, however if at any point I felt I was struggling or unsure on something, it was never a problem.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Overall my time management and prioritisation skills will give me the biggest advantage when I go back to university, including my general work ethic. I also feel the skills will help me in my future career, such as presenting skills and future management skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very friendly atmosphere with the right balance between fun and work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship programme is growing bigger every year, however overall everything ran smoothly and was very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
If there were any areas where we wanted to develop they were supported to help us achieve them. We also received a whole days training at an off-site location which was extremely beneficial.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If there was a more sophisticated graduate programme, I would apply without giving it a second thought, however the graduate programme is lacking in terms of areas which to go in compared to other companies.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It was always nice for everyone to get together out of the office and there was plenty of opportunities for this.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home and general living costs in the local area are as expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Compared to university, there isn't a comparison, however that's expected not being in a major city/town.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there was a weekly football organised and the chance to go on the annual football trip to Europe.