Employee Development Placement Student at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd

Brixworth East Midlands
Human Resources

8.0/10

Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd

I really enjoyed my placement, it was a great year to join the business! I have had so many highlights over the last year. Couldn't have picked a better business.

Imagine yourself working at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd

I got on very well with everyone in my office, they always praised me for the work I did and gave feedback when I needed.

I have meetings with my manager whenever I needed them. As he sat across the desk it was always easy to ask him questions if I ever needed anything. He gave me advise on projects when I was struggling.

I never had a quiet moment the whole year I was at Mercedes, at times the work load was a lot but it was a good challenge.

Throughout the year I was given more responsibilities as my projects increased. This meant I could learn a lot quicker and took ownership over my work.

I will be able to take my work ethic back to university with me. I have also learnt a lot about how businesses are run and the real life HR.

Imagine yourself working at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd

Really good, everyone got on really well! The office was always a nice place to be, we did social events and made sure everyone felt involved.

I think it was well organised, I had set projects throughout the year with clear deadlines to work towards.

I was sent on a few training courses throughout the year and had access to online classes if I ever needed any extra help with Microsoft. I believe the business invested money into training if I needed it for my role.

I work love to go back, however they do not have a position for a HR graduate next year. However I will keep my eye out just encase something comes up.

Yes, we have work nights out and meals throughout the year. The placements also have organised social events and as most live with each other it has created a really nice atmosphere this year.

Housing and living is really cheap in Northampton and there is a range of things to do around the area. There is also good access to London and the M1 so we could travel to local cities and theme parks for social events.

There were places to go out however it wasn't as busy as a massive city. Coming from Newcastle it was a but of a change to then go out in Northampton.

There are a few sport events outside of work and every local village had teams you could join if you wanted. We many just did things with the other placement students.

More reviews from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd