1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyable experience, in a supportive team and importantly it was in a real role
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All colleagues were very helpful and expected a lot fro you in return, it meant that you felt a real important part of the company
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Help from my line manager was crucial in my success in the role, there was also feedback from higher management, and i also had the opportunity to present to the CFO
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busy and these days were the best as it was enjoyable trying to complete all the tasks that had to be done. Unfortunately towards the end of the internship, there wasn't a lot of work for me to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given a project, that had a huge amount of responsibility, it could mean large future changes within finance for the company, this i feel was the best aspect of the internship
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Hands on experience was vital, also getting used to the systems used by such a large company is of great use for the future. I also attended a presenting with impact course, which is very helpful for any presentations i may do in the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was quite quiet, however ifyou had any issues or questions, you felt comfortable to ask them
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was originally a clear time frame for my work, and there was weekly catch up meetings with management. However due to unavoidable issues meetings were put back
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A significant amount must have been invested. I took part in various training modules and courses and had tours of much of the business and visited head office. I did a lot in just 10 weeks
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I got offered a full time role within the organisation, however it was not on the graduate scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a face book group, where at the beginning if people were going out they would post on, but after a few weeks people generally had a friendship group and and went out together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
York is quite cheap, it is only really expensive in the more tourist areas
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was a few places to go, however they were not the best venues for a night
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was different events that ran, for example fitness classes after work, i also heard there was a five aside team