Approving artwork for countries in the EMEA. Production and shipping of in-theatre advertising materials, and organising the marketing materials for CineEurope in Amsterdam.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I could not have asked for a better year - it would be difficult for any job in the future to match this one.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Treated like part of the team - not like an intern. Trained extremely well, they were keen to help me learn and cared about my opinion.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Training on everything possible - so that when my manager is away I am capable of running things myself.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Extremely busy and working to tight deadlines - but that's the way I enjoy it. The day goes extremely quickly and I enjoy all of the work that I do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A huge amount of responsibility given, so that I have managed to develop all of my skills. I am entrusted with more information and responsibility than I ever would have expected from a placement year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I will now be able to apply everything that I have learnt at work to my studies. It has been invaluable for kick-starting my career, and it makes doing a degree worth it - as you get an idea of what jobs are out there. I would not feel as prepared as I am now if I hadn't done it.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Work hard play hard! Everyone generally very happy in the working environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great training course provided, everyone was used to having interns so knew how to train them. We were fully integrated into the department and helped by many different people.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given approx. 8 courses throughout the year. Also, we have regular meetings with our managers to look at areas to improve.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back to the company, and would actively ensure to stay in touch incase anything were to come up in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
30+ interns working for Warner Bros so there is a huge mix of people to socialise with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home and commuted - but everyone that does live in London will know its expensive, but worth it!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central london therefore there is plenty of choice!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?