Financial Controlling Intern at BMW Group

3.1/10

3.8
1.6

4.0

I have enjoyed my time at BMW, the work has kept me engaged, I have managed to learn a lot whilst getting a clearer idea of what my future career might look like.

Not very valued, I wasn't really included in activities or made to feel one of the team. My position was made clear and this from time to time reflected in the work I was given.

The support was very limited, this was down to the department that I was located in, it contained only management heads, which meant that if one person gave me a task to do, it was only them that I could go to for help, in many cases this resulted in me getting stuck in one place for a long time, bottlenecking my own workload.

Relatively, there were days where I had to actively go out and look for work to do but apart from that the workload was pretty full on.

The amount that you'd expect for a student. I was left alone to do given tasks but my work was always checked over by a superior before it was submitted.

I fele that i have very much broadened by skill set. Especially my Excel skills have come very far since i started this placement.

There wasn't very much of an atmosphere. Very quiet and not many people conversing. This sometimes made it uncomfortable to work in being a student.

Not very well organised at all. During my time here I've created a student work list for future students to work to. However when being interviewed for the job I asked about what sort of things i would be doing and they rattled off a list of the different things I should expect including going to see other sights and working around the plant etc. However none of this ever materialised and I have been sat at my desk everyday since I started (minus one day we had a team meeting at another site, however it was a case of walk in, go to the meeting room, have the meeting, leave.)

Nothing. They only took the time to teach me anything if I was going through work for them and didn't know how to complete it. Apart from this no other training has been offered in terms of future skill development.

• There were no perks with this Placement

For me, extremely unappealing. I will not be applying for another job within the organisation, or at least the same sector in the organisation.

No. I met one other student whilst I was here and I only ever saw him three times. Apart from that I had very limited contact with anyone apart from the people within my immediate vicinity and even that was on a rare occasion

I lived in Reading which was relatively expensive however it was a nice place so this was one positive of my time.

N/A