I worked on several different project for different clients across several industries. Work involved business analysis, business modelling, reporting, leading communications, arranging meetings, creatining powerpoint decks amongst other things.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very dependant on your project. I have had a mixture of good and bad projects. It is what you make it, you have to work hard and network to get onto the best projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Generally yes, however as interns are cheap resources I sometimes felt a bit overlooked.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have had some great managers and mentors who have played an active role in my development and are still advising me on career options.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Sometimes extremmly busy, somethimes very quite. Again depends on the project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In my roles I was given a lot of responsibility. In a couple of roles I has the lead in certain areas.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot of key skills in my year whilst on the job, this is something I will take forward with me. I am positive that having done this placement I am now far more employable.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The majority of people working in Accenture are great fun and very interesting.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
To an extent it was well organised, however there is room for improvement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very little training or development provided apart from "on the job". The only training provided was online in our own time and for 1 week during our induction.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think I am likely to return, depends on the offer.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Several organised socials throughout the year, normally 1 a year. Really enjoyed them all and we had a chance to choose where we went for socials.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home and commuted so fairly cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Brilliant, just a bit expensive. Generally out of town projects have a better social scene, especially if you are with other interns.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I attended 2 ski trips, played squash and football, got involved in a research project etc. There are plenty of opportunities, you just have to take them.