Compile weekly reports concerning Warner Bros and other US TV series airing in both Uk and Germany.
Complete quarterly reports for all EMEA territories regarding viewing figures, channel shares, movements in the market.
Ad-hoc tasks regarding scheduling patterns or any other intelligence required my management.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Nice to work in a laid back environment but know exactly what the job is that ou need to get done. Permantent staff treat you as equal and respect work which you prodice.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Compiled my own reports from scratch for senior members of management including TV presidents in USA. Given recognition for your own work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Worked very closely with my manager as a team of only 4 researchers in EMEA. Was never afriad to ask questions as everyone works together for the same results as a team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Given daily tasks which would take me until around 11am. Then for the rest of the day i could work on either Ad-hoc requests or other essential reports.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given reports to write for very senior management in USA. Also given the task to design and negotiate with a new production company the research that would provide for them.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My report writing will have improved greatly and also my communication and confidence have been greatly improved.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone works hard but in a laid back environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Had specific structure, training schedule and was introduced to other areas of research as the placement went on.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had the option to do external training and had scheduled in house training throughout the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is no specific gratuate scheme but having done a placement, management know what i am capable of if a position were to open.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is pretty expensive but if you dont go out all the time you can easily survive. I have managed to save this year.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Many places to go in London but dont expect to get in anywhere for free.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I played for the WB cricket team. There is also a football team and are often team outings.