International Television Distribution Marketing Research Intern at Warner Bros

Holborn Central London and City
Business Intelligence

8.3/10

8.6

Compile weekly reports concerning Warner Bros and other US TV series airing in both Uk and Germany.
Complete quarterly reports for all EMEA territories regarding viewing figures, channel shares, movements in the market.
Ad-hoc tasks regarding scheduling patterns or any other intelligence required my management.

Nice to work in a laid back environment but know exactly what the job is that ou need to get done. Permantent staff treat you as equal and respect work which you prodice.

Compiled my own reports from scratch for senior members of management including TV presidents in USA. Given recognition for your own work.

Worked very closely with my manager as a team of only 4 researchers in EMEA. Was never afriad to ask questions as everyone works together for the same results as a team.

Given daily tasks which would take me until around 11am. Then for the rest of the day i could work on either Ad-hoc requests or other essential reports.

I was given reports to write for very senior management in USA. Also given the task to design and negotiate with a new production company the research that would provide for them.

My report writing will have improved greatly and also my communication and confidence have been greatly improved.

Everyone works hard but in a laid back environment.

Had specific structure, training schedule and was introduced to other areas of research as the placement went on.

Had the option to do external training and had scheduled in house training throughout the placement.

There is no specific gratuate scheme but having done a placement, management know what i am capable of if a position were to open.

Central London is pretty expensive but if you dont go out all the time you can easily survive. I have managed to save this year.

Many places to go in London but dont expect to get in anywhere for free.

I played for the WB cricket team. There is also a football team and are often team outings.