Finance Business Analyst at Warner Bros

Holborn Central London and City
Accountancy Financial Management

7.7/10

8.6

split into 2 parts. 6 months working in Financial reporting team involved producing daily sales reports for the rest of the division taking part in month end by producing P&Ls, looking after the Sarbanes-Oxley reports and contributing to the monthly management pack showing the divisions performance over the previous month.
The last six months, the role moved to the commercial finance team meaning my role was customer-focused. Tasks involved ensuring customers had the correct pricing on their system so it matched our system, analysing current and unresolved disputes, and looking after invoicing.

Hard work at points but always kept busy, always learning and there was a lot of perks.

everyone made me feel welcome and there was a definite team spirit when working with colleagues.

Support was there if needed however they encouraged me to resolve issues by myself and explore the systems using manuals etc.

The workload was added to during the year making the role quite hectic however I enjoyed being able to manage my own workload and complete tasks with a deadline - it's all shaping me at the end!

A lot of responsibility is placed on the intern especially in terms of hitting deadlines for financial reporting basis. Had to compile daily sales reports and distribute to the rest of business including managing director of WB UK. Also had to oversee the Sarbanes-Oxley act which is an obligatory task by law.

It will assist me more in future jobs. I am no I.T-literate, organised, motivated and effective in completing tasks within the required amount of time! Invaluable skills!

The mood varied with when month end was. This was a stressful time and people had to ensure work was completed before having fun.

not only did my department organise external courses and internal development, however the HR department ensured all 30 interns in the building received training to further help their skills including "Preparing and giving Presentation", "The Myers-Briggs test" and the standards of business conduct.

a lot of money was invested in improving my literacy skills

i would get a job within WB - it's a great place to work however they do not offer graduate schemes and i may be limited with career progression.

about 30 interns were in the building. As i moved into London from the north, i lived with 2 other interns so made the year more enjoyable.

LOTS of things to do however as it is Central London, everything was quite expensive

superb nightlife - always something new to try!

yes a lot including football etc