Two rotations in different global market functions over the course of 10 weeks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great support, excellent exposure to different business areas and rewarding work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was always complimented for my best pieces of work and in many cases I felt I had made a genuinely helpful contribution.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My two managers were always prompt, honest and generous with their feedback
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always occupied, but the nature of the work differs a lot between function.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
One could not take on much responsibility as a trading intern due to nature of the role. In my research rotation I was handed responsibility for a variety of important tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I've learnt huge amounts on the program, particularly with regard to how an investment bank and its various products and functions actually operate. I was also given valuable technical training in excel and Bloomberg.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very warm and positive for the most part.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great range of events and seminars organised for interns to get insight into various aspects of the firm. Everything ran smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Great investment of time and resources into technical and personal training throughout the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Positive outlook after period of significant restructuring.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great on-site bar next to the Thames which acts as a good social hub after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London, so not obviously not cheap...
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of good pubs and bars. Didn't really venture out that much other than to the on-site bar.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Charity and socialising events organised for the interns at various points during the program.