Summer Analyst at Nomura

Banking - Investment

Nomura  is a Top Employer

8.1/10

6.5

Two rotations in different global market functions over the course of 10 weeks.

Great support, excellent exposure to different business areas and rewarding work.

I was always complimented for my best pieces of work and in many cases I felt I had made a genuinely helpful contribution.

My two managers were always prompt, honest and generous with their feedback

I was always occupied, but the nature of the work differs a lot between function.

One could not take on much responsibility as a trading intern due to nature of the role. In my research rotation I was handed responsibility for a variety of important tasks.

I've learnt huge amounts on the program, particularly with regard to how an investment bank and its various products and functions actually operate. I was also given valuable technical training in excel and Bloomberg.

Very warm and positive for the most part.

Great range of events and seminars organised for interns to get insight into various aspects of the firm. Everything ran smoothly.

Great investment of time and resources into technical and personal training throughout the internship.

Positive outlook after period of significant restructuring.

Great on-site bar next to the Thames which acts as a good social hub after work.

Central London, so not obviously not cheap...

Lots of good pubs and bars. Didn't really venture out that much other than to the on-site bar.

Charity and socialising events organised for the interns at various points during the program.