Heavily involved in SEO projects, building webpages, writing website content, updating promotions displayed on the website, social media, co-ordinating Customer Golf Days, reporting and liasing with Product department on venues, offers and promotional campagins.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges set for me and I feel I gained a great deal from my placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They welcome me with open arms; the wealth of experience of having placment students at the company means they know how to make you feel at ease. I feel I blended into the department well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been a great support; she started around the same time as myself so we have got to know the company together, but she has still supported me and helped me throughout the entire year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were some periods where I didn't have as much work but I always had somethign to do that was constructive and I have never been bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given alot of reporting and individual projects to do by myself and I have felt like I have made a difference here.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a huge amount of knowledge and skills in several areas that I can carry over to my next job or future career. I also discovered a passion for Digital Marketing which I didn't know I had before.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It has been a lively office environment, where everyone is known on a first name basis and are extremely friendly and helpful.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A solid process is in place as Golfbreaks.com have had placement students go through the company for many years. I felt my handover was fantastic and knew exactly what was expected of me and what I needed to do after a month of training.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Any issues that came up were addressed early on; I also set myself targets in my appraisals with my manager and I felt I have met them, with the help of my manager. I am more comfortable and confident in myself in the workplace.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to work for Golfbreaks.com in the future if an opportunity arises. Placement students do get the opportunity to return full-time so I feel this would be a good step to my first full-time job.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There have been socials set up by the company and the social scene was very prevalent across the whole company as there are alot of strong friendships between colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Unfortunately Windsor is a rather affluent area!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?