Marketing Assistant at Golfbreaks.com

Windsor Greater London
Business Analytics Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Marketing

7.8/10

Heavily involved in SEO projects, building webpages, writing website content, updating promotions displayed on the website, social media, co-ordinating Customer Golf Days, reporting and liasing with Product department on venues, offers and promotional campagins.

I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges set for me and I feel I gained a great deal from my placement.

They welcome me with open arms; the wealth of experience of having placment students at the company means they know how to make you feel at ease. I feel I blended into the department well.

My manager has been a great support; she started around the same time as myself so we have got to know the company together, but she has still supported me and helped me throughout the entire year.

There were some periods where I didn't have as much work but I always had somethign to do that was constructive and I have never been bored.

I was given alot of reporting and individual projects to do by myself and I have felt like I have made a difference here.

I have learnt a huge amount of knowledge and skills in several areas that I can carry over to my next job or future career. I also discovered a passion for Digital Marketing which I didn't know I had before.

It has been a lively office environment, where everyone is known on a first name basis and are extremely friendly and helpful.

A solid process is in place as Golfbreaks.com have had placement students go through the company for many years. I felt my handover was fantastic and knew exactly what was expected of me and what I needed to do after a month of training.

Any issues that came up were addressed early on; I also set myself targets in my appraisals with my manager and I felt I have met them, with the help of my manager. I am more comfortable and confident in myself in the workplace.

I would like to work for Golfbreaks.com in the future if an opportunity arises. Placement students do get the opportunity to return full-time so I feel this would be a good step to my first full-time job.

There have been socials set up by the company and the social scene was very prevalent across the whole company as there are alot of strong friendships between colleagues.

Unfortunately Windsor is a rather affluent area!