I assisted with market research and helped the company create an online presence through online marketing in French.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Loved the atmosphere at the office and felt part of the team already on the first day.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very good, the other interns showed be around and also invited me to after work places.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great supervisor. Very helpful. Had weekly meetings in order to evaluate the work I was doing. Helped me improve and gave me a lot of career advice that I've found useful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy in the beginning of the internship but when I showed them I wanted to do more, my supervisor was very accommodating by giving me extra work to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I was an intern, I did not have that much responsibility rather than of the online marketing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I love marketing and this internship in Paris really helped understand what marketing is all about.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fantastic! Great people. Great co-workers. I loved it!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well, it was incredible to spend a summer in Paris enjoying the food, the culture and meeting so many international students. The experience of working and living in a foreign culture was amazing. I loved the staff of Absolute Internship! Fun, helpful and always there for us when we needed help. The weekend activities that they organized were great as well which helped me have a positive experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was offered to extend my summer internship and stay throughout the Fall, but as I needed to go back to school I couldn't accept the offer so I must say that I believe they did invest some time on me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
See my answer above.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Simply perfect. There was a group of other interns from UK and the US and we all hung out after work and had lunch together everyday.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
A little bit cheaper than London..
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I love the Paris nightlife!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had activities every weekend plus unsponsored events that the staff were organizing.