I worked with both the Training and Recruitment sides of Warner Bros, dealing with the administration for training and responsible for all temporary workers at Warner Bros and the recruitment of next years interns.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This was an excellent placement, everyone was friendly and helpful and i had a real responsibility and job to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were very approchable and helped me with all problems that I faced.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was soley responsible for the temporary workers and the intern recruitment for next years interns.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has helped me become more organised and I am able to prioritise workloads much easier.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and everyone was approchable!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised and thought through internship. I always had work to do and was kept busy!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is set training schedule for the interns ranging from communication skills to time managment to presentation skills! Very helpful training to take from the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work at Warner Bros again!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The interns were out regularly socialising and the department went out on occasions!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of socialising was quite high in places but other areas offered great deals.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife is good as it is easy to get around using the tubes.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few volunteer days advertised and work with charities was offered.